FUJIFILM Corporation (President: Shigehiro Nakajima) is proud to announce the launch of the FinePix S8400W long zoom bridge camera with Wi-Fi enabled. Highly regarded for their high precision FUJINON lenses, ease-of-use and compact design, Fujifilm’s all-in-one bridge cameras are an excellent choice for any keen photographer looking for a step-up in their photography, and today’s new S8400W, with its Wi-Fi connectivity, is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest.
1. Wireless Image Transfer makes it easy to transfer photos and movies*** to smartphones and computers
The S8400W’s new wireless feature lets you transfer photos and movies*** from the FinePix S8400W to smartphones, tablets, and computers.
For the first time, via Wi-Fi®, Fujifilm’s long zoom bridge camera is able to offer a means to back up your photos on your home PC. Just install the free “FUJIFILM PC AutoSave” software onto your PC and select which folder you want the photos to back up to, and then by linking your Wi-Fi Router and the S8400W camera, you will have set up a very simple to use backup for your photos on your home PC.
For smartphones and tablets you will need to download the free dedicated “FUJIFILM Camera Application” to your iPhone, iPad, or Android™ smartphone or tablet device to transfer up to 30 pictures at a time from the FinePix S8400W. The app also lets you download movies, expanding the range of options available for enjoying pictures taken with the camera. Pictures and movies stored on the camera can be viewed and selected for download on large smartphone or tablet screens for a smooth download experience. No wireless LAN access point or complicated ID/password entry is required, and once the pictures are downloaded to the smartphone, it’s a simple task to upload them to social networking sites.
2. 44x Optical zoom with powerful Optical Image Stabilisation
The new S8400W features a 44x optical zoom (24-1056mm*4), fast apertures of f/2.9 to f/6.5, and powerful OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation) for excellent blur reduction resulting in crisp, clear photos.
Renowned for their superb clarity, the FUJINON lenses used in this camera feature 17 elements in 12 groups, and combine aspherical and ED elements which help to reduce aberrations and promote a superior level of image quality. Additionally this camera features a Super Macro mode, enabling you to get as close as 1cm from your subject, bringing great close-up shots to life.
3. Fast autofocus speeds, quick response times and high quality images
With its 16 megapixel 1/2.3-inch BSI-CMOS sensor, the S8400W captures excellent quality, low noise shots at sensitivities as high as ISO 12800. And with an autofocus speed of 0.3 seconds*5, start-up time of 1.0 second*5, a 0.5 second*5 interval between shots and a continuous shooting speed of 10fps (MAX.10frames, full resolution) *5, you’ll really find it hard to miss a shot. What’s more, ultra-high-speed shooting of up to 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280 x 960) and up to 120fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640 x 480) enables you to capture the action in slow-motion.
4. Full HD movie 1080i/60fps with stereo sound
Taking videos is as easy as taking pictures, with a dedicated Movie button which lets you start recording the moment you press it. The high resolution, 1080i movie capture at 60fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps*6 is superb when played back on HD TV screens and what’s more, still photos can also be taken during video recording thanks to the clever, multi-tasking design. Additionally, a number of advanced movie-editing features are available, including “movie trimming” to cut unwanted footage from movies, and “movie join” to join multiple separate clips into a single movie.
5. Electronic viewfinder
The FinePix S8400W comes with a built-in Electronic viewfinder (EVF). This makes it easy to frame subjects, and makes checking focus and white balance in bright daylight conditions a breeze.
6. Intuitive design
Along with the easy grip surfaces, the S8400W features a convenient secondary zoom control on the side of the lens barrel; this gives you the option of adjusting the zoom with your left hand and operating the controls with your right. For hassle-free photography the user can choose from three zoom speeds, or use the Auto Return Zoom control to reach high-magnification focal points quickly. Complete with Mode Dial, the S8400W makes it very easy to change shooting mode.
7. Fun-filled feature set
Fujifilm’s advanced filters allow you to indulge your artistic expression in-camera and avoid any time consuming post-processing.
The FinePix S8400W offers 6 different artistic effects:
- Pop Color – Emphasise contrast and color saturation
- Toy Camera – Create shaded borders as if you were taking a photo on a toy camera
- Miniature – blurs the top and bottom of the frame for a diorama effect
- Partial Color – Retain one selected original color and change the rest of the photo to black and white. Colors can be selected from red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple for dramatic effect
- Cross Screen*7 – Creates starbursts around bright objects
- Soft Focus*7 – Creates a look that is evenly soft throughout the whole image
8. FUJIFILM FinePix S8400W Key features list:
- Wireless Image Transfer to PC, tablets and smartphones
- FUJINON 44x Super zoom Lens (24mm wide-angle, fast apertures of f/2.9 to f/6.5)
- 1/2.3inch 16 million pixel BSI-CMOS sensor
- Autofocus speed of 0.3 sec. in fastest conditions
- Continuous shooting; 10fps(MAX.10frames, full resolution), 60fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 1280 x 960) ,120 fps (MAX. 60 frames, image size 640 x 480)
- Start-up time of 1.0sec.
- Shooting interval time of 0.5sec.
- Full HD movie 1080i/60 fps with stereo sound and slow-motion capture at 480fps
- Bright 3.0-inch LCD screen (460K-dot)
- Electronic viewfinder(201K-dot)
- Super Macro; 1cm
- Manual exposure control(P/S/A/M modes)
- Dual zoom lever
- Shooting functions; 6 Advanced Filters, Individual shutter 3D, HDR, motion panorama and more
- Instant zoom and Zoom Bracketing
- 3-level zoom switch
- 4 x AA alkaline batteries with an approx. 300 shot battery life
*Wi-Fi(R) is registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
**Wi-Fi CERTIFIED logo is a certification mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Wi-Fi Protected Setup mark is an identifier mark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. Wi-Fi®, Wi-Fi Alliance®, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™, WPA™, WPA2™, and Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ are registered trademarks or trademarks of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
***”FUJIFILM Camera Application” for iOS may not save the movie files that your smartphone could not play. Please try recording movies smaller than (1280 x 720).
*435mm format equivalent
*5FUJIFILM research based on CIPA standards.
*6High Speed Movie can be recorded at the following speeds and sizes:480fps (320 x 120 pixels), 240fps (320 x 240 pixels), 120fps (640 x 480 pixels)
*7Only in post shooting view