Hiring a wedding photographer is such an important part of your wedding planning. It’s ideal for you to strike up a great relationship with your photographer, after all – he/she will be spending your wedding day with you!
The following are some important questions you should ask your photographer to make clear certain points which usually remain doubtful and unclear.
Like with anything in life, better ask before than be sorry afterwards!
- Do you have a portfolio we can look at?
- If we hire your services, will you personally photograph our wedding or will you send someone else?
- Do you offer a selection of standard packages? May we design our own?
- Are you willing to photograph the bride and groom at their homes? Is there an extra fee for this service?
- Is there a minimum number of photos we are obliged to purchase?
- Are we obliged to purchase all the extra photos you shoot?
- Are digital, sepia, and black & white photographs included? Is there any extra fee for these?
- Is there an extra fee for touch-ups?
- How soon will the proofs and the photographs be ready?
- Do we get involved in the choosing of our photographs?
- How much do reprints cost?
- Do you keep the negatives? If using digital camera, can we have a copy of the photos on cd or dvd?
- Do we have to purchase the album from you or can we bring one ourselves?
- Is the fixing of photos in the album included?
- Do you require a deposit? When is the remaining balance due?
- Do you bring an assistant with you? – (Photographers eat too!
- What happens if you are sick on my wedding day?