Minox has quietly released a new 14 Megapixel version of their minature ‘Digital Classic Camera’. The DCC features the same retro ‘spy camera’ design as Minox cameras from the 1950’s, just with digital guts, instead of a roll of film. This $239, 14 Megapixel point-and-shoot literally fits in the palm of your hand, though similarly priced (albeit larger) compact cameras offer a lot more bang for the buck.
The DCC 14.0 is available in silver and black.
Some of the highlights on the DCC 14.0 include:
- 14.0 Megapixel CMOS sensor
- F2.4, 7.35mm fixed focal length lens (41mm equiv.)
- Galilean-style optical viewfinder (removable)
- 2.0″ LCD display
- Fully automatic operation
- VGA movie recording
- Optional ‘Classic Camera Flash’ and conversion lenses
- Powered by single lithium-ion battery
- 82mm x 67mm x 46mm (W x H x D)
- Weighs 4 oz / 113.5 g